Biopage Storytelling Writing Contest
We are in the age of social media. It is everywhere, around us, mostly pictures and videos.
To communicate with clarity and depth, nothing is better than the real language, with words. Writing skill is essential to success in life and career.
Biopage is hosting a writing contest to remind people the benefits of writing. Each story (or once chapter of your stories) is limited to 5,000 characters or roughly 1,000 words.
You can write about good life experience, or bad, embarrassing, frightening ones.
At this moment we are in this COVID-19 pandemic. As the coronavirus continues to spread and keep people at home, you as a writer should write down your experience of quarantine life. Tell your stories in words and pictures: pantry inventories, window views, workout routines, neighbors helping neighbors, homeschooling activities... Or more dramatic: fighting the virus yourself, sick family member at home or hospital, treating patients as a healthcare provider, dealing with pain losing a friend...
But you may share your story with any subject, not limited to the pandemic.
Pick your best story to patriciate in our storytelling writing contest.
You can win $500, and six runners-up can win $100 each. (We decided to change the prize amount and award number from one $1,000 and three runners-up from now on, because we received so many excellent essays and wanted to give awards to more writers).
How to enter:
- Register for an account at biopage.com (or download and register on iOS or Android app).
- First complete your profile, write a bio to introduce yourself.
- Click “Update”, and post your essay there. Please include a title and a picture or video. Use "writing contest" as one of the tags. Copy the web address of the post.
- Come back to this page on a computer, and click “Enter the Contest”, and paste the web address of the post.
- Share your essay with your friends, ask them to like and comment.
The winners will be determined by the quality of the writing, and the votes by other users’ likes and comments.
The contest is open to anyone from everywhere, every country, every corner of the world.
The current contest ends January 31, 2021.
Subscribe and stay tuned.